.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 08, 2009

 

The rulez of cabdriving

Rule #1: Never take a check.

Rule #2: Never ever take a check from someone going to the airport.

Rule #3: Never take checks from hippies.


Took a check from a guy with a hard luck story. Something about being in the Bush, being in a hurry to make his flight and his kid being in the hospital. Claimed to be a state employee in the Bush studying bear scat... or something. I clearly broke rules 1 and 2, but I did so with my eyes wide open.

When I got home and took a closer look at the check I noted it had "Earth Day", "Plant Trees for America" logos and something about Yellowstone Park.

Anyone want to take bets on how high the check bounces?

Comments:
Keep your eyes covered.
 
And never ever take a check from a banker. Good to see you out there. Hope you do well.

Our drivers were a bickering lot on Saturday. Whew, I am glad that weekend is over.
 
Is this the Don I think it is? Driving a little, yellow, minicab lately?
 
Yupper. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?