.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 

DenaliCon '09.

Several years ago I put together a big, summertime, boardgaming weekend hoping it would become an annual event. Some Anchorage boardgamers and some Fairbanks boardgamers all showed interest in such an event, so we split the difference and met in Denali Park for a weekend of camping and boardgaming. The event was a great success and we have been getting together over the Fourth-of-July weekend each of the last four years.

I've been mulling over some ideas to keep the event fresh and keep people coming. Several years ago I floated the idea of renting an entire B&B for the weekend. It went over like a rubber crutch. This year people were more receptive to the idea, so I did some scouting and found a B&B that would rent us the whole building for the entire weekend and give us a great rate.

I floated the idea again and the people with whom I consulted were excited about it. So I pulled the trigger. DenaliCon '09 is booked. It won't be in Denali next year, but you can see it from there.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?