.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

The dingbats are out

First story

Picked up this young lady with a miniature hairy dog. I don't normally have anything against dogs, but people who bring dogs in cabs generally have stinky dogs. If the trip is long enough the dog smell can linger.

She asked if the dog could come along. I said, "If he doesn't stink."

"Oh no. My dog doesn't smell."

That's what everyone says.

She continued, "I give him a bath every other day."

(Pregnant pause)

"You bathe your dog every... other... day?"

"Well, they say it's bad for dogs to bathe them every day."

I suppose so lady. I suppose so.


Story two

Picked up another young lady, probably 22 or 23 years old. I asked, "And how is your evening?"

"Terrible."

"How so?"

"My boyfriend just broke up with me."

"How long had you been dating?"

"Four years."

We drove a couple more blocks without conversation. Then she said, "I was going to break up with him last month."

"Oh."

"Then I found out he had been cheating on me with my best friend."

"You decided not to break up with him after you found out he had been cheating?????

"Well I really thought we were back on track and that it would all work out."

"You decided not to break up with him after you found out he had been cheating?????

"It's just so hard to find a new boy friend."

"You've only been looking for how long? Four hours?"

"I know. It's not very long, but still... I haven't been able to find one."

Four hours is a lifetime to some insects, but lady those insects have more on the ball than you.

Didn't say it, but I was thinking it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?