.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 23, 2007

 

Age of Empires III: Thoughts after mangling the rules on the first outing

Got a chance to play one of the few games getting any buzz at all lately. (Tide of Iron being the other buzzy game). Age of Empires III is the first boardgame installment of the popular video game of the same name.

As indicated I mangled a couple rules, namely I thought merchants and missionaries got their bonus when taking part in an expedition of discovery, not when arriving in the New World from the dock. There were a couple other mistakes, none of which I can recall off the top of my head. I'm sure my wife can remember all of them if she takes time to post a comment.

All in all I think AoE3 is a solid game, maybe not an upper tier game, but that opinion could change when playing with correct rules. It seems to be a fine Euro game with Ameritrash aesthetics.

I look forward to playing again with the right rules.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?