.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 26, 2007

 

I'm a gamer, Jim. Not a photographer.

As promised here are a few more photos from the World Ice Art Championship.

Such as they are.

A few of them turned out. Most turned out more blurry than this:



You can at least tell this is a shark.



I shall relegate myself to daytime photography in the future.

Here are the ones that turned out.

This one had a snake rising from a basket on the rear hump. Saw a picture with the snake on a blog, or in the newspaper earlier in the month. It had shattered before I got there.







This Rushmore imitation depicts some Alaskans of note. None of whom would be familiar to most of my readers.



I should note that these photos are just a few of the pieces of art on display. I only took a picture of every 3rd or 4th sculpture, and only posted a few of those. Many of the sculptures are rather abstract. Good, but abstract. Those don't really interest me.

Others are so big and involved that it is hard to take a picture of more than a corner of the piece and still retain high enough resolution, such as this:

Comments:
Akkkk!

I miss Ice Art.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?