.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

117 118 119 and Counting

Found another one. Oriente has been lying inconspicuously by my bed for months. And another. Pieces of Eight was handed out to all BGG.CON attendees.

I had a little time on my hands, so I entered my un-entered games into the BGG database.

Looks like I have 117 unplayed games. (Click here to view)

Many of those games are that I picked up at thrift stores with no expectation to play, such as 3M games that I've acquired just for the sake of collecting. Some, such as Tongiaki, Manga, Manga and Warriors were picked up at bargain basement prices when I had money burning a hole in my pocket. Some were thrift store finds that looked like they might have been good, such as Freedom in the Galaxy, and Dragonhunt.

Some of the games have been played, but not enough to fairly rate.

Card games in particular are tough to find opponents for.

Many need to get played. Die Macher, Keythedral, La Citta, Ur: 1830 BC and Tichu are at the top of the list, and have been for a couple years.

Friedrich was acquired today. Leonardo Da Vinci, Blue Moon City, and Medici are recent acquisitions.

Alas, the list will be growing. My local game store got some must have titles into stock. End of the Triumvirate, and Perikles in particular, and Battlelore should be arriving soon.

My Boards and Bits order should be arriving in a week or so. Balancing Aliens and Um Reifenbreite will be going on the unplayed list.

Come to think of it, I think I have a few more Avalon Hill games in my shed.

Comments:
120. At 3 a.m. I awoke remembering that 7 Ages is sitting unplayed at a friend's house.
 
As a keen games reader (hey, I enjoy reading this blog regularly) but a low key games buyer (Ive somewhere around 35 games) when I read about 120 unplayed games I think there must be an alterior reason for this stae of affairs. A bit of digging on recent coldfoot missives .... combustion rate of Monopoly... still sub zero in Alaska.... Im not a doctor but Id hide any matches/flares/flame-throwers ((well it is Alaska)) in the house as your inner-self obviously wants to torch them all.
In the meantime keep up the quality work and by the way Age of the Triumvirat is superb, make it 121.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?