.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

You may need to be drunk to understand this.

I am sooooo glad I am familiar with good games. Slap me if I ever use a Game of Life analogy.

The following comes from here: http://www.progressiveu.org/130724-life-in-a-board-game. Sounds to me like someone shipped her coffee, or screwed her with the provost.

I’m barely eighteen and I get pressured to start pursuing “the life” that I never thought about. Starting with college. I think The Game of Life is the ultimate brainwashing device. It’s like you land on the “it’s a girl!” spot and you’re like, “Wait… why wasn’t I on birth control? Can I get an abortion?” and like you f---ing hate camping but all of a sudden, the board tells you you’re going to spend a week in the mountains.

So from whatever the box recommends what age is appropriate…. we’re led to believe that it all goes downhill from after college. It’s laid out in a really strict path. How awful!

And then there’s Chutes and Ladders… it’s all about chance. You fall, you pick yourself back up again. Nobody gives a sh-- about you. You take care of yourself and you’ll find yourself at the finish line sooner or later.

And then there’s Battleship which isn’t a board game… but it’s like the best! EVER!
Needless to say, I’m a Chutes and Ladders kind of girl. You climb up, you fall down, in the end, you made it there on your own in your own time.


Don't know exactly what she is talking about but I think I can safely say that I am a Roads and Boats kind of guy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?