.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 06, 2006

 

You wouldn't even believe me...

As of right now anger has turned to pity.

I've been trying to write an update for an hour or more. I thought you might get as big a laugh out of this situation as I have. I tried posting some correspondence directly to the blog. I tried editing it. I tried using my own words. The more I try the more I feel as though I would be poking fun at the mentally ill.

While I was writing I decided to retain an attorney to field any further correspondence. When I made that decision I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I have been purposely avoiding the computer so I would not have to read more threats and ramblings of an ill person.

As soon as I made the decision, my anger faded instantly and was replaced by pity. I really feel a whole lot better. Maybe now I can get back to writing some game content instead of worrying about the next e-mail.

Comments:
My wife went through a similar ordeal whereby someone threatened to sue her for slander. We knew she was full of it because it would have been libel, and besides, my wife hadn't actually written anything about her in a public forum. The nutjob wouldn't even tell us what it was she was suing about. Needless to say, nothing came of it.

"I'm going to sue you" is the grown-up equivalent of "I'm telling mommy." Sounds like a person to avoid. Thanks for the heads-up.
 
Boulder Games didn't endear themselves to me much either, especially given the way they've handled stocking of Havoc. He clearly has some issues and his business practices are becoming more and more transparent (and disliked) as time goes on and more people share their experiences.
 
Well, deep breath, etc. I know your day . . .
 
because I've had one like that once upon a time . . .
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?