.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Surrrrrr-Vay Says.......

.......DING DING DING DING

Just a quick note before I go to bed. Played 5 or 6 rounds of Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage for the first time today. This game has a reputation as one of the best wargames around. Did I like it?

Must say I was impressed. Probably played for 4 or 5 hours and I must admit that time just flew by.

As you know if you read this blog regularly I will play wargames, but prefer non-wargames. If I do play wargames I prefer games with a low counter density. Hannibal has low counter densities (few cardboard counters, as opposed to vast armies represented by lots of cardboard counters) and a fairly short rulebook that is easy to grasp.

The political chits were a stroke of genius.

The game is 10 years old and has been out of print since the old Avalon Hill ceased. Used copies sell for $100+ on E-Bay. Not willing to fork over that much money myself, but if it is ever reprinted I'm all over it.

Looking forward to another game.

Time for bed,
Coldfoot

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?