.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Best of the Boardgame Blogosphere/E&T patsies

Alfred over at the orange blog posted his picks for the best blogs of the week. He plans on making it a weekly thing. It's an idea I've been kicking around for a while, and has really been in the front of my mind since Yehuda brought it up in his blog a week or so ago.

Good stuff. I'm glad to see it. I'm glad the boardgame blogosphere is getting big enough to make it possible.
-----------------
Got to play my favorite game the other day. Played a 4-player game of Tigris and Euphrates with one newbie and one mathematically challenged veteran. I won, but it was a hollow victory. The mathematically challenged player, let us call him "Walter", kept forcing external conflicts with me that he couldn't possibly win. He would force a blue war that was 8-2 before any tiles were committed from my hand. If we had been playing on-line he would have been accused of being my "Patsy".

I've seen a few complaints that on-line players are using "patsies" so that they win every game. I don't understand. Where is the satisfaction that comes with cheating?

I would much rather lose a game because I was out played, than win a game by cheating. I guess there are other points of view. I just don't see that it would be fun. The game I mentioned was a hollow victory and I wasn't even cheating, I was merely the recipient of some mathematically impaired largesse.

Good gaming,
CF

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?