.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Unexpected day off.

Got a call from work this morning. They had too many employees scheduled to come in this afternoon. They didn't need to ask me twice, I haven't had a day off in over 10 days, and they've been long days.

It's been a couple weeks since I've even played a game. Right now 2 of my main gaming buddies are off at WBC (The World Boardgaming Championships) in Pennsylvania. I'm trying to get something going this evening gamewise, but it's not looking promising.

The newest block game from Columbia games looks promising, though. I got a message that it would be shipping soon and pre-ordered copies could be picked up at WBC. I was going to have my friend pick up my copy of "Crusader Rex" while he was there, but I forgot to ask. Guess I will have to wait a couple more weeks.

Shouldn't have a problem getting "Crusader" to the table. "Hammer of the Scots" (a similar block game) proved to be a popular game with my group once I was able to talk them into playing. In fact, the HotS tournament was the event one of my friends was most anticipating at WBC.

Speaking of block games, the last time I played "Hammer of the Scots" I played the English. I went 6 rounds without getting Edward into the game. When I finally drew his block it was too little, too late. I drew a bunch of "1" cards and text cards the round that I did get him. When he wintered in Scotland he only had 3 or 4 other units with him. One of the units was Welsh or Irish, I forget which. I lost that unit on a loyalty die roll early in the year. That was a lousy scenario for the English. May it not happen to you.

That's enough for now. I need to get a group together for a game tonight.

Good gaming,
Coldfoot

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?