.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 
Fall is in the air here in Alaska. The lean gaming months are coming to a close. In the summer in Alaska no one has time to play games. Time is spent fishing and preparing for next winter.

Leaves are well on their way to turning yellow, the fair is over, and there is dew on the windshield of my car in the morning. It won't be long before the dew turns to frost. Dame Coldfoot and myself are spending our free time cutting firewood. Let me tell you guys, she must have been a lumberjack in a previous life. All she needs me for is to keep the kids out of the way while she clear cuts the dead spruce near our house.

In my spare time I've been reading the rules to 7 Ages. I'm really looking forward to playing this game. I've ordered Revolution: The Dutch Revolt from the local store, and I've been eyeballing Dungeon Twister. I've been able to play 2 games of Ticket to Ride: Europe, and I must say that it is significantly better than Ticket to Ride. I'll give it a 7, with the caveat that it a fun social game, rather than a gamer's game.

Since I walked off my cab-driving job I've had to find something else to fill the gap. The "something else" interferes with Monday night gaming, don't know how long I can tolerate that. I hate to quit the new job, though. I've lost 10 lbs. in the last month by just not sitting on my butt. At this rate I'll be down to my fightin' weight in just a couple years. Sadly, I can't afford to earn convenience store wages for very long, especially since I have two other jobs that pay significantly more. I could go to full time at either of those jobs, not to mention that I have a Para-Legal degree that I am not using, and also not to mention that I could make good money just by going back to driving a cab (although the price of gas is cutting into the profit margin in that field).

Enjoy the rest of your summer,
Coldfoot

Comments:
When was the last time you were up early enough to notice dew on the windshield???

I've always loved the sight of a big, hairy, burly guy in flannel boxers. Now I know why--I was a "lumberjack" (wink, wink, nudge nudge) in a former life. Better watch out, Coldie, I'll be clear cutting your hairy back next!

I must agree with Coldie (gee, I've been doing that a lot lately) on Ticket to Ride: Europe. It is better than the original. We also played Shadows over Camelot this last weekend and I enjoyed it as much this time (we lost to evil big time) as my first play (the traitor-me-won).

I've been trying to recruit some fresh gamers and I have a likely prospect with my new secretary. We'll have to see if more women on a game affects the play at all. GO GIRL GAMERS!!
 
I get off work at 7 am. That's when I notice dew on the windshield.

Nah-nah.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?