.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

I can stop anytime I want--or--I've got a fever and the only cure is more cowbell.

Took my lead from Eric at Incunabula (the link to his blog is in the left hand column) and listed all the unplayed games in my collection.

The list is rather deflating. Not only have I never played these games, but Dame Koldfoot is already giving me a hard time for having too many games. I have attempted to soften the blow by prominently pointing out that I paid less than full price for most of these games.

When I say dirt cheap, I don't mean 20% off. These include going-out-of-business prices, and get-it-the-hell-out-of-my-store-because-it's-been-sitting-here-forever prices. The Columbia games were being liquidated when Columbia decided to only sell direct to the public.

To the best of my recollection 90% of the games in that category were under $10, many under $5. Chariot Lords was $2. Most of them were only purchased because they were so cheap. I once bought eight or ten damaged/returned games in a blind grabbag at a game store for $25, several of those are included.

Free means it was "not for resale, store copy", and missing the rules to boot.

Bought by mistake, basically means that I looked at the game and thought I was buying Trias. D'oh.

Many of the full price games were, in fact, on sale.

There are more than those listed here. Mainly, thrift store finds that I thought might have been OK, and weren't. I also bought a number of games at thrift stores because I thought there was a good chance they weren't in the BGG database. Many of them were, but paid off in Geek Gold because the had few or no pictures.

This list represents the games that I would play if I could find opponents and had the time.


Bought new for dirt cheap

Africa
Alahambra
Attack & Expansion
Bobby Lee
Chariot Lords
Clash of Gladiators
Crimson Skies
Doge
Frag: The Deadlands
Kill Dr. Lucky (full price is still dirt cheap)
Lowenherz
Medieval
Pacific Victory
Tongiaki
Victory


Bought at thrift stores

A Line in the Sand
Broadsides
Cafe Intl.
Campaign
Chainsaw Warrior (solitaire game, no excuse for not playing)
Contigo
Dragon Hunt
Feudal
Freedom in the Galaxy
Jumpin
Junta
Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper
Origins
Panzer Leader
Wizard's Quest
and a dozen or more Squad Leader and ASL modules.


Had-to-have games bought on E-bay

Barbarian Kings
Borderlands
Kings and Things
Mystic Wood


Free

Quest for the Dragonlords


Bought by mistake

Tyrus


Had to have games. Paid full price,

7 Ages
Anno 1503
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Die Macher
Divine Right
Keythedral
Mallworld
Manifest Destiny
McMulti
Settlers of Nurnberg
Settlers, Historische Szenarien II
Sid Meier's Civilization (attempted one play, got bogged down fast)
Struggle of Empires (ditto)
Taj Mahal
Twilight Imperium 3
Ur, 1830 B.C. (just found english rules)
Wallenstein

Wiping the tears from my keyboard,
Coldfoot

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?