.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 19, 2005

 

Entdecker...Finally. Fearsome Floors and TI3 teaser.

Finally got to play Klaus Teuber's Entdecker. It sat on my shelf for a year or so before I was able to get to it. Played a 3 player game with Mrs. Coldfoot and another friend. Wasn't too impressed. It seems like one of those games that are theoretically sound, but just aren't fun to play.

I have a friend that wants to play it, so it will probably hit the table again soon. If it wasn't for him it might be another year before it gets played. It wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, I might even learn to like it, but the first play left us wanting more.

I need to play this one a few more times before giving my final pronouncement.

Fearsome Floors

Played this game a couple times with children, and a couple times with a mixed group of adults and kids. This is good filler. Play is quick, play is easy, and thought is an option.

Fearsome Floors is the English/Rio Grande version of Finstere Flure by designer Friedemann Friese.

Basically, players move through a big hall trying to get out and not get killed by the "monster". The monster moves by a simple set of rules, each player has a 2-4 characters depending upon the number of players. The first player to get 2 characters out of the hall wins.

Call it a light strategy game.


Twilight Imperium 3rd edition.

Bought it. Read the rules. Looks goooooooood. Of course I like the earlier editions of TI. TI3 is redesigned. It appears streamlined, with better components, and new ways to score victory points. Shouldn't have a problem getting this one to the table. I will report back soon....Pardon me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard.

Good gaming.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?